Right of Rescission
The right of rescission is for the individual (consumer) who orders from Lookhatme. This concerns consumer protection laid down in law.
Lookhatme's business customer has no right to withdraw from an agreement.
Right of Rescission for individuals (Consumers)
ARTICLE 6 – RIGHT OF RESCISSION
(PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS RETURNING YOUR PRODUCT. FOR A RETURN SEND US AN E-MAIL)
In case of products:
1. The Consumer can repudiate a purchase contract for a product without giving reasons for a period of reflection of at least 14 days. The Entrepreneur may ask the Consumer about the reason for the withdrawal but cannot force him to state his reason(s).
2. The reflection period referred to in sub-clause 1 starts on the day the product is received by the Consumer or by a third party appointed by him in advance and who is not the carrier, or
a. if the Consumer ordered several products in the same order: the day on which the Consumer or a third party appointed by him received the last product. The Entrepreneur may refuse an order of several products with different delivery dates provided that he clearly informs the Consumer prior to The order process.
b. in case the delivery of a product consists of several batches or parts: the day on which the Consumer or a third party appointed by him received the last batch or the last part.
c. in case of an agreement about regular delivery of products during a given period: the day on which the Consumer or a third party appointed by him received the first product.
ARTICLE 7 – CONSUMER’S OBLIGATIONS DURING THE TIME OF REFLECTION
1. During this period, the Consumer shall handle the product and the packaging with care. The Consumer shall only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary for establishing the nature, the characteristics and the effect of the product. The guiding principle is that the Consumer may only handle and inspect the product in the manner in which one is allowed to handle a product in a shop.
2. The Consumer is only liable for the decrease in value of the product that is caused by the way of handling the product which went further than allowed in sub-section 1.
3. The Consumer is not liable for the decrease in value of the product if the Entrepreneur has not provided him with all legal information about the right of withdrawal before concluding the Agreement.
ARTICLE 8 – EXERCISING THE CONSUMER’S RIGHT OF RESCISSION AND THE COSTS
1. If the Consumer exercises his right of rescission she shall notify the Entrepreneur unambiguously with the standard form for withdrawal within the period of reflection.
2. The Consumer shall return the product or deliver it to (the authorized representative of) the Entrepreneur as soon as possible but within 14 days counting from the day following the notification referred to in sub-clause 1. This need not be done if the entrepreneur offered to collect the product himself. The Consumer observed the period of returning the product in any event if the product is returned before the expiration of the period of reflection.
3. The Consumer shall return the product with all delivered accessories and if reasonably possible in the original state and packing and in conformity with reasonable and clear instructions given by the Entrepreneur.
4. The risk and the burden of proof for the correct and timely exercise of the right of withdrawal fall on the Consumer.
5. The Consumer shall bear the direct costs of returning the product. If the Entrepreneur has not reported that the Consumer has to bear these costs or if the Entrepreneur pointed out that he will bear the costs himself, the Consumer need not pay the cost of returning the product.
6. If the Consumer withdraws after having first explicitly requested that the performance of a service or the supply of gas, water or electricity having not been made ready for sale not be started in a limited volume or given quantity during the period of reflection, the Consumer shall pay the Entrepreneur an amount that is equal to the part of the obligation already performed at the time of withdrawal as compared with the full compliance of the obligation.
7. The Consumer does not bear the costs for performing services for the supply of water, gas or electricity that had not been made ready for sale in a limited volume or quantity, or for the supply of district heating if
a. the Entrepreneur has not provided the Consumer with the statutorily required information about the right of withdrawal, the compensation of costs in case of withdrawal or the standard form for withdrawal, or
b. if the Consumer has not explicitly requested that the performance of the service or the supply of gas, water and electricity or district heating be started during the period of reflection.
8. The Consumer does not bear any cost for the full or partial delivery of digital content not stored on a physical carrier if
a. prior to the delivery, he has not explicitly consented to start performance of the agreement before the end of the period of reflection;
b. he did not acknowledge to lose his right of withdrawal when giving consent; or
c. the Entrepreneur failed to confirm the Consumer’s statement.
9. If the Consumer exercises his right of withdrawal, all additional agreements end by operation of law.
ARTICLE 9 – ENTREPRENEUR’S OBLIGATIONS IN CASE OF RESCISSION
1. If the Entrepreneur makes the notification of rescission by electronic means possible, he shall promptly send a return receipt.
2. The Entrepreneur shall reimburse all payments made by the Consumer, including the delivery costs that the Consumer paid for the original delivery, as soon as possible but within 14 days following the day on which the Consumer notified him of the withdrawal. Unless the Entrepreneur offers to collect the product himself, he can wait with paying back until having received the product or until the Consumer proved that he returned the product, whichever occurs first.
3. The Entrepreneur shall make use of the same means of payment that the Consumer used, unless the Consumer consents to another method. The reimbursement is free of charge for the Consumer.
4. If the Consumer opted for a more expensive method of delivery instead of the cheapest standard delivery, the Entrepreneur need not reimburse the additional costs for the more expensive method.
ARTICLE 10 - EXCLUSION OF THE RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
The Entrepreneur can exclude the following products and services from the right of withdrawal but only if the Entrepreneur notified this clearly when making the offer or at any rate in good time before concluding the agreement:
1. Products or services with a price that is subject to fluctuations in the financial market on which the Entrepreneur has no influence and which may occur within the period of withdrawal;
2. Agreements that are concluded during a public auction. A public auction is defined as a selling method whereby the Entrepreneur offers products, digital content and/or services to the Consumer who is personally present or has the possibility to be personally present at the auction under the direction of an auctioneer and whereby the successful bidder is obliged to purchase the products, the digital content and/or the services.
3. Services agreements, after full performance of the service, but only if
a. the performance started with the Consumer’s explicit prior consent; and
b. the Consumer stated that he will lose his right of withdrawal as soon as the Entrepreneur has fully performed the agreement.
4. Services agreements for making accommodation available when a certain period of implementation is provided and other than for residential purposes, goods transports, car rental services and catering;
5. Agreements related to leisure activities when a certain date or period of performance is arranged in the agreement;
6. Products manufactured in accordance with the Consumer’s specifications which are not prefabricated and which are produced on the basis of a Consumer’s individual choice or decision or which are intended for a specific person;
7. Perishable products or products with a limited durability.
8. Sealed products which are for health or hygiene reasons not suitable for being returned and of which the seal was broken;
9. Products which for their nature are irreversibly mixed with other products;
10. Alcoholic drinks of which the price has been agreed upon at the conclusion of the agreement but of which the delivery can take place only after 30 days, and whose real value depends on fluctuations in the market which the Entrepreneur cannot affect.
11. Sealed audio and video recordings and computer programs of which the seals were broken after delivery;
12. Newspapers, periodicals or magazines, with the exception of subscriptions to them;
13. The delivery of digital content other than on a physical carrier, but only if:
a. the performance was started with the Consumer’s explicit prior consent;
b. the Consumer stated that he will lose his right of withdrawal by doing so.
Standard form for Rescission
(only use this form when you want to withdraw the agreement)
Nobelstraat 40 B
3846 CG Harderwijk, the Netherlands
look @ lookhatme.eu
I / We hereby inform you that I / we wish to revoke our agreement (order number) on the purchase of the following products:
[specification of the product]*
Ordered on* / received on* [date of ordering the services or receiving products]*
[Consumer’s signature] (only when this form is submitted on paper)
*) Delete and/or complete where appropriate.